Friday, February 15, 2013

My Big Fat Cloth Diapering Post III (Pictures)

Flip Diapering System

FLIP- this side faces skin and wicks urine away from body. This is why the Flip inserts can lay right against the skin as opposed to the inserts that you use to stuff pocket diapers- because the inserts have a wicking side and an absorbing side.
This side faces the FLIP cover and absorbs the urine. Notice the stitched "Large, medium, small" and the folds to help you know where to fold your insert to match the size of the outer cover (Depending on where you've set the snaps)


Here is a FLIP insert laying inside the FLIP cover. Charlie is wearing the covers set at  Medium, so notice I have folded the insert at the "medium" fold. 
Note: I put the folded side at the front of the diaper because Charlie is a BOY - if you have a girl then you would put it at the back in order to best catch where the urine flows-- basic anatomy folks.
Here it is, ready to go.


AIO Pocket Diapers
Here is my AIO pocket diaper (made by Happy Heinys) without any inserts in it yet. 
Here is the diaper next to the inserts I am going to stuff inside. I have a large insert, a regular insert and a hemp insert on top. Notice I have the large one folded down a bit to fit better into the diaper shell since Charlie isn't wearing them at the largest size yet. I then laid the medium one on next and then the hemp on top. (Note again that I have the hemp and the extra fold all towards the front of the diaper since Charlie is a boy that is where he needs the most absorbency). 


Stuffing the inserts into the diaper.
Pulling them all the way to the top.

AIO diaper ready to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment